Veggie Taco Dip
If you haven’t entered the Udi’s Gluten Free giveaway, go do it noowwwww. Whether you’re gluten free or not, they have some great stuff worth trying out. Today’s recipe is something I’ve actually been making for years. I haven’t always added the veggies on top, but I love the texture it adds and who doesn’t want more veggies in their life?
This dip comes together in a flash, can be eaten at pretty much any temperature, and is loved by everyone in their right mind. This makes a good appetizer for 4 people or a light snack for 8. Double it if you’re feeding a hungry crowd, because you’re going to want a big pile of this.
Let me just tell you real quick: the cream cheese layer in this dip is phenomenal. I’m pretty obsessed with tacos, so I tend to go a little crazy with the taco seasoning and could eat that cheese from a bowl with a spoon. Or with some chunks of bell pepper. Mmm, mmm.
- 16 oz can refried beans (I used fat free)
- 8 oz light cream cheese
- ½ c salsa
- 1 – 2 tbsp taco seasoning, to taste
- ¼ – ½ c reduced fat cheddar
- 2 green onions
- 1 bell pepper
- Tortilla chips or veggies for dipping
- Preheat oven to 350° (skip if you’d rather microwave or serve cold).
- Spread the entire can of refried beans across the bottom of a medium sized casserole dish (8”x8” or a pie pan will work).
- Microwave the cream cheese for about 30 seconds until soft. Mix the cream cheese, salsa, and taco seasoning together. Spread the cream cheese mixture over the beans.
- Top with cheddar cheese and place in the oven until the cheese is melty or the dip has reached your desired temperature. You can microwave instead or leave the dip cold.
- Meanwhile, chop your veggies. Sprinkle over dip when it comes out of the oven. Serve with chips, bell peppers, or other veggies.
If you are gluten free/wheat free or making this for someone who is, please check your taco seasonings! Some contain wheat.