BBQ Veggie and Pineapple Pizza
Poorly kept secret, I’m obsessed with barbeque sauce. I put it on everything, and it looks like that’s the direction everyone else is going in too! Everywhere I look, I see barbeque chicken pizza. It always sounds so tempting, but I don’t eat chicken. I’ve gone so far as to order a pizza with barbeque sauce and my normal veggie toppings and I always get a confused, almost angry voice on the other end of the phone. “So you want a barbeque chicken pizza… but you don’t want the chicken. Or the bacon? What?” No. I don’t think it’s weird. Thanks. Luckily, pizza is so easy to make at home and using BBQ sauce saves the step of making a tomato sauce or running to the store for a jar.
I feel a little silly posting this as a recipe. Pour sauce, add veggies, top with cheese, bake. Easy peasy. What I wanted to stress, however, is how many different veggies taste fantastic this way. And let’s not forget the pineapple. Oh no, never forget the pineapple. If you don’t like pineapple on your pizza (or aren’t at least willing to give it a try, pretty please?) I’m not sure we can be friends. #1 favorite topping for me.
If you try out other veggies on a pizza like this or have before, let me know! I’m always looking for more veggies I can throw on my pizza. More veggies = better, right?
- Pizza Dough (I have a recipe here or you can use a store bought dough or crust)
- Your favorite barbeque sauce
- Green pepper, diced
- Red onion, diced
- Mushrooms, chopped (I prefer baby bella)
- Pineapple, canned or fresh
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- Garlic powder
- Olive oil or nonstick spray
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Heat a pizza stone or baking sheet for 10 – 15 minutes (optional).
- Stretch your dough out on the heated pizza stone or baking sheet – be careful if you heated it!
- Lightly brush or spritz oil over the edges of the crust and sprinkle with parm and garlic powder.
- Top your dough with a thin layer of barbeque sauce.
- Add veggies and cheese, top with an extra drizzle of barbeque sauce.
- Bake for 10 – 15 minutes until your crust is cooked and your cheese is melty.